Every Turtle Tough product is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory and prior to shipping. In addition to any statutory rights and remedies you may have, Turtle Tough warrants all of its products against defective workmanship and faulty materials for 12 months from the date of purchase and undertakes, at its option, to repair or replace, free of charge, each product or part thereof on condition that:
- The complete product is returned to Turtle Tough or one of its authorised service agents, in person or freight pre-paid by you, and found, on examination, to be suffering from a manufacturing defect;
- The product or relevant part has not been subject to misuse, neglect, or been involved in an accident; and
- The repairs are not required as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by wear and tear, inadequate maintenance, corrosion, or by the effects of chemical processes is excluded from this warranty coverage
The above warranty excludes sensors. Please see sensor warranty below.
Turtle Tough sensors are electrochemical devices and as such have a limited operating life. Life expectancy depends on the field of application such as the medium, pressure, and temperature. It can vary between a number of weeks to several years. There are special cases in extreme environments where operating life will only be a few days. Characteristic and response time will also change with aging.
As such an electrochemical sensor is articles of consumption and are not subject to a common guarantee. Replacements or exchanges are generally excluded unless a manufacturing defect is determined to be the cause.
It is not possible to predict the rate of deterioration for a particular process, nor can we provide a guarantee on sensor life because it is impossible to predict the rate of exposure, contamination, and deterioration. Damage caused by wear and tear, inadequate maintenance, corrosion, or by the effects of chemical processes is excluded from this warranty coverage.
Our agents or representatives may provide you with a life expectancy guide based on similar applications we have experienced; however, this in no-way constitutes a warranty of performance and is a general indicator.
Shelf Life Warranty
The standard shelf life for a Turtle Tough Sensor sensors is one year from the date of shipment. Sensors stored longer than this period may still be functional but are no longer under warranty. Sensors should be stored in a cool, dry location with the sensor tip (where the pH/ORP element is located) oriented toward the ground. All pH/ORP/ISE sensors come standard with a conditioning solution in the cap. This conditioning solution is 50% pH 4 buffer and 50% saturated potassium chloride (mixed by volume). The sensor cap should be kept tightly affixed to the sensor body and sealed with common piping Teflon tape when the sensor is not in use. Sensors that are to be returned for shelf life warranty claim must have the original sensor cap and conditioning solution intact to be eligible for warranty replacement.
Lowest Cost of Ownership
For some applications, we can offer a fixed price guarantee. If you are prepared to disclose your total annual spend on sensors, we will submit a fixed cost agreement to deliver the same measurement capabilities at a lower overall cost, fixed for the term of the agreement. This is an immediate guarantee of costs savings. Please contact your representative for the lowest cost of ownership guarantee proposal.
BLOWN PREAMPLIFIERS (Preamps)
Damaged preamplifiers are not covered under warranty. Preamps are electrical devices that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge. Sensors with preamps are clearly marked and extra care must be taken when handling these sensors as human contact with the electrical connections can discharge static to the preamplifier causing it to blow. This will render the product inoperable. Sensors with preamplifiers undergo additional quality checks prior to shipment to ensure that preamplifiers are 100% operational upon delivery. A ground loop or analyser problems may also cause blown preamplifiers and damage to sensors by faulty installations is not covered by warranty.
For all return goods the following information must be included in the letter accompanying the returned goods:
- Model Code and Serial Number
- Original Purchase Order and Date
- Length of time in service and description of the process
- Description of the fault and circumstances of the failure
- Process/environmental conditions that may be related to the failure of the sensor
- Statement as to whether warranty or non-warranty service is requested
- Complete shipping and billing instructions for return of material, plus the name and phone number of a contact person that can be reached for further information
- Clean Statement Returned goods that have been in contact with process fluids must be decontaminated and disinfected prior to shipment. Goods should carry a certificate to this effect, for the health and safety of our employees. Material Safety Data sheets must be included for all components of the process to which the sensor(s) have been exposed.
All sensor returns are to be accompanied by a completed Return Material Authorisation Document clearly stating the reason for the return and the with the Clean Statement Return filled in. See the Return Goods section of your manual for further details.
Please note that for sensors, cables must NOT be cut or this will void the warranty. The cable contains a unique identifier laminated to the cable end, and if this is removed we have no way of tracing the product. Sensors dying or expiring in the course of use is not covered by the product warranty.