Calibration and Accuracy in Process Measurement
A lot of time and money is spent on accurate measurements in process. It is very easy to spend a lot of money on seemingly inexpensive sensors; operators lose a lot of time to switching out sensors and correcting incorrect calibrations. Additionally, plants are very conscious of maximising their yields, and accurate sensor equipment is a critical part of this.
This one day course outlines optimum calibration and measurement methods to obtain the most accurate measurements possible in process environments.
Topics covered in this course include:.
- The anatomy of a sensor.
- Sensor selection for your processes.
- How and why sensors are calibrated.
- Different calibration methods available, and which method is most applicable.
- Cleaning sensors.
- Different error sources in measurements, and ways to combat them.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of measurements.
- Select an appropriate sensor for your various process environments.
- Identify and minimise error sources in process measurements.
- Select the most suitable calibration method for your process measurement.
- Clean sensors to improve sensor accuracy and lifetime.
Cost: $750 ex GST per person, minimum 6 people. Please contact us in regards to course availability and locations, on-site training is also available.